Monday, January 25, 2010

My Adult Socks


I thought it might be fun to share with you my mock cable pattern that I am doing with my adult socks. I got it off line from a woman named Cynthia Guggemos
Rnd 1: *K1tbl, p1 k2, p1 repeat*
Rnd 2: *Klb, p1, k1, yo, k1, pl; rep from*
Rnd 3: *K1tbl, p1, k3, p1 rep from*
Rnd 4: K1 tbl, p1 k3, with the tip of the left needle, lift the third stitch on the right needle over the first two sts and drop it off, pl; rep from *

K1tbl (means) knit 1 through the back loop instead of the knitting it from the front side. It makes the knit stitch twist giving it the appearance of cabling.
Klb (means) knit loop back. (this is part of the twisting process)
Yo (means) yarn over, or yarn over your needle, because you are creating a stitch. This is usually done on the right needle in the place where you want to insert a stitch.
P1 (means) purl stitch.

On round four it is kind of tricky. You have to take a leap of faith that it works. You knit all three stitches and the third stitch is decreased back over the first two. I hope that is clear as mud.
This pattern looks very lacy with a solid color, but I wanted to do it with variegated for a change. Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment